Prepaid Payment Cards Launch Event
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Bristol City Council is introducing Prepaid Payment Cards for people who receive a personal budget to achieve their adult care and support outcomes.
More than 100 local authorities are already successfully using Prepaid Payment Cards to help people manage their personal budgets more effectively.
We will be hosting an initial information event so that you can find out more.
This event will explain:
- What are prepaid payment cards?
- How do they work?
- What are the benefits?
Who should attend:
- Anyone who receives a direct payment from Bristol City Council for adult social care
- Providers and agencies who support people who receive direct payments
Places will be limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. We will also be recording the session so you can watch it online if you are unable to attend.
Further information will also be published on our website over the coming months.
Speaker: Colin Whitehouse, National Prepaid Cards Network
When: Wednesday, 26 October 2016 from 13:00 to 16:00 (BST) - Add to Calendar
Where: City Hall - College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR - View Map
Recording. We will also be recording the session so you can watch it live online and afterwards. Please visit www.bristol.gov.uk/prepaidcards.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- By car. Limited car parking is available to the rear of City Hall accessible via St George’s Road. There are multi-story car parks at Trenchard St and Berkeley Place/Jacob’s Wells Road.
- Disabled parking. Limited spaces are available to the rear of City Hall, accessible via St George’s Road. Blue badge holders can park here for free.
- Bus. The closest bus stops are on College Green and Anchor Road. A bus map and journey planner is available on the First Group website.
- Trains. We are 15 mins from Temple Meads
- Cycling: Cycle parking and a permanent bike pump is available outside the main entrance.
How do I access City Hall?
- All visitors: please access the main entrance to the newly-renovated City Hall from the Deanery Road end of the ramped entrance (opposite Central Library).
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
- Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be refreshments?
- We will be providing tea and coffee on arrival.
Where can I find more details about Personal Budgets (Direct Payments)?
- Visit the Personal Budgets (Direct Payments) webpage.