Actions and Detail Panel
Prepare pupils for programming tasks (incl. NEAs for GCSE Computer Science)...
Tue, March 28, 2017, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM BST
Prepare pupils for programming tasks (incl. NEAs for GCSE Computer Science)
Link to this page: http://exa.foundation/events
- How are you preparing your GCSE Computer Science students for the Non-Examined Assessment part of their course?
- How can you effectively teach children to problem solve, algorithm design and text-based programming?
- How do you differentiate your teaching so that your students can make rapid learning progress?
Aims: This event will support teachers with the development of GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with an impactful practical experience demonstrating a range of teaching & learning strategies they can use in their own Computing lessons in KS3/KS4, but particularly useful for teaching GCSE Computer Science.
We will focus on Teaching & Learning strategies that include paired programming, problem-solving, algorithm design, Python, code-sharing, debugging and differentiation strategies.
Equipment will be provided, but you may wish to bring your own laptop.
16:00 Welcome. Group Discussion Activities.
16:30 Classroom Based Activity:
- Identifying the challenges of text-based programming
- Modelling strategies to support less confident learners
- Developing students confidence with problem solving
- Using a text-based programming language to develop a solution
- Sharing solutions to benefit all learners
Please note - There are other related CPD sessions that may be of interest at the same location, more information at http://exa.foundation/events or click on the links below.
Tues 28th Mar 9am - 3pm [details here] Teach Computing & Programming for Key Stage 3, Leicester
Weds 29th Mar 9am - 3pm [details here] Teach GCSE Computer Science, Leicester