Actions and Detail Panel
Preparing for Adulthood South East Regional event
Wed 29 March 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 BST
This is a Preparing for Adulthood South East regional event to share the learning so far from the Portsmouth demonstration site. The event will open at 10.00am and is due to close by 1.00pm, with networking and a free lunch to follow.
You may remember that last Spring NDTi Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) offered one Local Area in each of the nine national SEND Network areas the opportunity to be a 'demonstration site' - using time from PfA to accelerate work being undertaken to address aspects of the SEND Reforms for 14-25 year olds. They selected Portsmouth as the site for the South East Region.
This half-day workshop will present the work done by Portsmouth and PfA in the South East and also give you the opportunity to hear about learning in seven of the other regions as well.
The Portsmouth project was undertaken by their PfA Group, led by the Adult Social Care LDD team. You will have the opportunity to hear about their progress in:
- Commissioning for EHCP/PfA outcomes, including for young people and adults with Autism
- EHCPs to Adult Support Plans – moving towards a 'tell it once' approach: challenges and opportunities
- What next after college? Developing complementary services to support positive outcomes
- Tools developed to support PfA outcomes including guidance on housing and support
Plus topics from other regions, including:
- PfA content in the Local Offer
- Personalisation and joint commissioning
- Participation of parent/carers and young people
Suggested Participants: SEND strategic and operational managers, Adult Social Care managers and commissioners, Post-16 specialists, Young People and Parent/Carer representatives.
If you have any questions about this event or would like to know more, please contact Kirstin.Hawkes@ndti.org.uk
Please note, this event is for people working/living in the South East Region areas only.
If you right click on the event flyer below, you can print it out to share with colleagues.