Join this practical workshop to understand exactly how top employers recruit school leavers and graduates, and leave with practical ideas of running mock assessments and interview practice sessions in school.
Ernst & Young will share updates on recruitment developments, share why they use particular assessment tools and what they are looking for in their recruits. All of which can be applied across most other employers and sectors who recruit via assessment centres.
15.30 – 16.00 Registration and Tea
16.00 – 16.10 Welcome
16.10 – 17.00 Understanding the assessment centre
Human Resources leads at EY:
- Handling group exercise
- Delivering worthy presentations
- Coping with case studies
- Tackling the in-tray exercise
- Written tasks: demonstrating professionalism
17.00 – 17.30 Running mock assessment group sessions in school
17.30 – 17.50 Meet the Graduates and Apprentices: panel session
17.50 – 18.00 Closing statements
Practical take homes will include:
- In depth understanding of how EY and similar organisations identify, select and recruit talent
- Take part in practical taster workshops that will help you deliver mock interviews and assessments in school
- Ideas to shape your employability programme in school and ensure your students are interview ready
When & Where
Inspiring Futures offers professional and impartial careers information, advice, guidance and skills development services to young people. In partnership with schools, Inspiring Futures has been supporting young people for over 70 years and today helps over 60,000 young people annually to reach their potential. Inspiring Futures also works with employers and other partners to offer a range of professional events for school staff on careers, higher education and skills topics. Inspiring Futures is part of Group GTI.