San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presentation Skills Course
This 1 day Presentation Skills / Public Speaking course will teach you how to create a presentation using a range of tools and techniques. You will then learn a variety of presentation skills that will enable you to deliver your presentation with confidence that will have great impact on your audience. As a visual vehicle the world of presenting and “presentations” are considered using skills that can be applied to any “group situation”. The day ends with the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice by delivering a short presentation in a relaxed and supportive environment alongside your co-learners where you will receive constructive and practical feedback.
Suitability – Who should attend?
For anyone who is involved in delivering presentations in their job role or in an non-work related capacity and also anyone who is required to speak in public to an audience . This course is applicable to newcomers and also presenters who have some experience but would like to refresh their skills and learn more.
Please note that places are restricted to a maximum of 6 delegates for this course in order to ensure all delegates receive sufficient one to one personal coaching and tuition throughout the duration of the programme. There will be an opportunity for each delegate to deliver a short presentation, putting into practice the skills acquired during the day and receiving feedback and pointers for future improvement.
– Introduction To Presenting
- The importance of presenting effectively
- Diffusing the mystique of presenting
– Planning and Preparing (Introduction)
- The fundamentals of planning and preparing presentations
- Structuring presentations
- Setting robust aims and objectives
- Addressing fears, nerves and anxieties
- Considering your audience’s needs
- Anticipating “sticky” situations
- Picking the perfect venue
- Anticipating audience behaviours
- The “image” and “etiquette” of the presenter.
– Delivering Presentations
- Creating lasting impressions
- Maximising your use of words, tone of voice and non verbal communication to create an impact
- Managing audience interaction
- Grabbing and holding your audience’s attention
- Managing difficult audiences and difficult individuals
- Getting your audience to participate
- Using visual aids to enhance your presentation
- Handling difficult questions
- Establishing and maintaining your credibility
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
When & Where
We are a provider of professional business training courses; designed for companies who want to train their staff as well as individuals who are seeking their own personal development. We offer essential courses in time management, negotiation skills, leadership, stress management, effective communication, marketing and much more!
Browse over 100 courses and qualifications whether it be Personal Development, Management, Sales or Finance training you are after, we have course to suit.
Visit our Website for full details, Taylor Mason Training provides both open public courses in a wide range of disciplines and internal, tailored courses to match your company’s specific technical requirements. Our current portfolio includes technical (upstream) and software courses. You will learn from our training team who are themselves industry-recognised experts and who combine practical skills, commitment, and enthusiasm to answer a range of challenges faced every day.
Furthermore, Taylor Mason Training is proud to say that several of our instructors are trainers , an independent endorsement to confirm that our training is of the highest professional standard.
If you’d like to register your interest in any course, in any location around the world, then please get in touch with your suggestion.
lor Mason Training delivers professional and accredited training & development solutions to a wide range of organisations across the spectrum, encompassing FTSE 100 companies, Public sector organisations through to SMEs.