This workshop is designed to prove the apparently simple concept that we all perform best when adopting a positive, conversational style. In other words, our personality comes over well and our listeners find the message easy to digest. Vital to this concept is analysis of normal conversation.
Participants will discover some amazing insights into their own strengths when talking and passing information to other people. Why do people sometimes listen intently? Why, sometimes, do they forget everything that was said? These basic principles are the building blocks of all face-to-face communication.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this bespoke workshop you will learn how to present confidently when pitching to potential clients or presenting your ideas to existing clients. Excellent design does not sell itself. Before a client can believe in your work they have to believe in you. This workshop will help to make you stand out when you stand up.
9:00 Registration and Coffee
9:30 Basic Principles
11:00 Coffee Break
11:15 Effective Use of Visuals
12:30 Light sandwich lunch provided
13:00 Focusing Your Message
14:00 Presentation Development
15:00 Final Presentations
16:50 Wrap Up
WHAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH
- An understanding of the principles of face-to-face communication
- The confidence to present your ideas with clarity and conviction
- An understanding of “less is more” – the more you say the less the audience listens
- The freedom to be less reliant upon visual stimulus when presenting
- The ability to get the maximum impact from your choice of visuals
- The ability to get buy-in during the presentation by taking control of the presentation process
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professional Interior Designers
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Claudette has worked in the communications industry since 1979 particularly in broadcasting, video production and industrial theatre. Her expertise centres on writing, producing and presenting.
Corporate video production, elaborate business launches and business presentations have allowed her to successfully blend formal arts training with business acumen. Claudette appreciates that no amount of special effects can compensate for a poorly focused message or an unnatural delivery style. The entire presentation process changes when you look at it from the audiences’ (the client's) perspective.
This programme provides as much ‘live’ practice as possible – based on the premise that successful speaking is a physical skill and that the only way to improve it is through practice. Hopefully, the skills you will learn will help you through a lifetime of success in face-to-face communication.
Terms and Conditions:
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please send a refund request via EventBrite. A full refund will be issued if your refund request is received 10 working days before the date of the event.
- The full delegate fee will be forfeited for non-attendance (for any reason) without prior notice or cancellation of your booking 10 working days before the date of the event.
- A replacement delegate nominated and confirmed by you is permitted, but must be confirmed in writing to info@BIID.org.uk prior to the event.
- The BIID reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- The BIID reserves the right to cancel the event if unavoidable circumstances arise.
- This event may be photographed and videoed. Attendance constitutes consent for these images/videos to be used, by the BIID and its partners, for promotional purposes.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, we must point out that the information on this form will be kept on a database.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.