Actions and Detail Panel
PRIMARY ART IN EDUCATION
Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 16:30 – Thu, 18 May 2017, 19:00 GMT
THE INSPIRE PARTNERSHIP IS EXCITED TO LAUNCH ANOTHER COHORT OF OUR PRIMARY ART IN EDUCATION PROGRAMME. PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO EXPLORE A VARIETY OF WATERCOLOUR PRACTICES AND TECHNIQUES WHICH ARE ACCESSIBLE FOR THE CLASSROOM.
THE FOUR SESSION PRGRAMME WILL:
• Develop confidence in drawing and painting through technical and experimental techniques
• Build confidence in using watercolours as a stand alone material as well as alongside other media
• Develop a unit of art planning which builds on watercolour techniques over a series of lessons,
leading to a final art outcome
Sessions will be framed around a text, topic or artist and will support subject leadership including:
• Planning art units of learning linked to cross curricular themes
• Embedding the art curriculum, including mapping skills across key stages
• Evaluating the quality of art outcomes across a school and establishing a culture of excellence
Delegates will use a mix of tools and techniques to explore the drawing process, developing skills
in drawing techniques technically and experimentally through a variety of activities that they can adapt to the classroom.
Delegates will have the opportunity to build confidence in handling watercolor through a series of short painting and drawing exercises. They will explore the use of colour, painting surfaces and develop knowledge of a variety of watercolour artists and styles.
Delegates can build on their watercolor practice through learning about how to use it, alongside other media such as collage,drawing materials and print. They will have the opportunity to plan a series of lessons linked with their core text and leading to a high quality final outcome.
Delegates will work on a model final outcome from their planning and will have the opportunity to plan how to
showcase the learning through high quality display. Delegates will have the opportunity to feedback, share
and celebrate the process.