Actions and Detail Panel
Primary ITT - Enrichment event 6
Wed 21 June 2017, 13:30 – 17:00 BST
Resilience and Urban Teacher Identity
A session on building resilience in teaching. How to manage a work load and create a work life balance. A discussion on how to define resilience and what keeps you resilient.
Light lunch available from 1.15pm
1.15pm - 4pm - Students and mentors
4pm - 5pm - Mentor and coordinators meeting with Becky Riley and Carmen Mohamed
Preparatory Tasks and Reflections
Talk to as many different teachers as you can and try to explore what it means to be a teacher in an urban school. You should devise your own questions but might want to include:
- what do you think is different about working in an urban school?
- what are the key skills a teacher in an urban school needs?
- which skills did you find most difficult to develop? Why?
- how would you define resilience? What keeps you resilient?
- what advice would you give to a teacher starting their career in an urban school?
- what makes a child resilient?
- how would you support a child with transition and being resilient to change?
- Considering the responses from different teachers and your own ideas that you have formed over the year, create a mind map showing your thoughts about:
- o what is meant by an urban school;
- o what makes an urban school successful;
- o what makes a teacher in an urban school successful;
- o what is meant by resilience;
- o how a teacher remains resilient when working in an urban school.
Bring your mind map to the professional development event on Wednesday 4 June and be prepared to share it with your colleagues.
Venue - Huntingdon Academy, Alfred Street Central, St Anns, Nottingham, NG3 4AY