The Teaching Assistant Development Programme for Primary Education, will be led by Richard Brown, who is North Tyneside Council’s Primary Maths Advisor and founder of Freestyle Maths on Facebook.
The programme, over 2 dates, is provided free of charge as part of Great North Maths Hub funding.
The programme will:
- Explore and develop personal mathematical knowledge to improve mathematical skills in the classroom
- Extend understanding of how children learn mathematics
- Explore and develop strategies to build children confidence and enthusiasm in their maths lessons
- Explore engaging resources for learners of mathematics
How is the programme structured?
The programme consists of three steps:-
1. A full day training session to be held on 25th May 2017 (9.30am-3.30pm) at Langdale Centre, Wallsend.
2. Delegates will be expected to complete a gap task, trialling several aspects of their learning into their daily work.
3. Delegates will attend a final session on 29th June 2017 (9.30am-12.30pm) to present and share their experiences and to reflect upon the impact of the training on their role, and in their school.
Delegates and schools are required to complete a short reflective pre and post learning evaluation. This enables us to evaluate any impacts, which is a requirement of the National Maths Hub programme funding.
Who should participate in this programme?
This is an ideal CPD opportunity and a forum to network with colleagues from around the region. This course is open to all Teaching Assistants working in schools in the Northumberland, Tyne, Wear and Country Durham areas. Delegates must be available to attend both sessions.
Is there a cost?
The programme is free to attend, however cancellations within 1 week of the course date, or non-attendances, will be charged at £30 per person, invoiced to the school.
Are there parking facilities?
Langdale Centre has a large free car park.
What are the arrangements for refreshments?
Lunch is included on the full day session. Tea/Coffee and biscuits will be freely available for both sessions.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please direct all questions to Nicola Reilly on 0191 234 7229 or email@example.com
Can we change the person who is booked to attend? Yes, but we must be advised of this in advance as we are required to correctly report participants as part of our funding.
Save This Event
When & Where
Great North Maths Hub
The Great North Maths Hub is part of a national programme of 34 maths hubs, funded by DfE to bring together mathematics education professionals in a collaborative manner to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students. The Great North Maths Hub works with schools and educational providers across the Northumberland, Tyne, Wear and County Durham areas.
If you would like further information about the Maths Hub programme, please visit www.mathshubs.org.uk or download our FREE app available from your app store, search for Great North Maths Hub.