The Course Design Module is 0.5 days duration and is produced in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) contained in Joint Service Publication (JSP) 822.
This module considers all of the nuances of course design and takes the candidate through a 3 stage, twelve point process of course design.
Principles of Training Design (0.5 day Course)
- Course Design:
- Introduction to and definition of course design.
- Understand the process of course design:
- A walk through of what needs to be considered is covered.
- Three phases of how and why to put together a course are examined.
- Outputs from the course design process discussed.
- Put into the context of SAT/DSAT, and the TNA outcomes.
- Syllabus, Instructional Specifications (I/Spec) and Learning Specifications (L/Spec):Assessment:
- The Syllabus is explained and discussed, including management of the course.
- I/Spec are explained and discussed.
- L/Spec are explained and discussed.
- A walk through of an L/Spec template is conducted.
- Why assessment is necessary and the two main reasons are discussed.
- Understand what testing methods are available.
- A walk through of an Assessment Specification (A/Spec) template is conducted.
- The full content of the course is drawn together in on oral session
- The principles and the appropriateness of testing are examined.
- Course Conclusion:
- Understand testing methods.
- Relevance of testing methods.
An open Question and Answer session ends the course.
The cost of this course is £349+VAT for the first delegate.
Discounts of 5% for the second delegate and 10% for the third and subsequent delegates from the same organisation are available.
The ‘Early Bird’ rate is £289+VAT, and is available for a limited time only. See the eventbrite ticket listings for details.
The cost for current and ex-serving members of both UK and international Defence Forces and Civil Service personnel is £275+VAT.
Subscribe to the TNA and Course Design Courses and pay just £1725+VAT. Discounts apply as per all our courses. Please contact the training business area manager on firstname.lastname@example.org for prices.
We can also deliver this 'in house' subject to a minimum group of 4 delegates attending.
Please click on the 'Attend Event' button to book and pay online.
I hope you can make it.
Cheers and all the very best,
Gary Kristensen MBE, BEng(Hons), GCGI
Aspire Performance Driven Training