Sales Have Ended
The Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy belongs to Her Majesty and forms the principal London land holding of her Duchy of Lancaster. Operated as a ‘free’ or ‘peculiar’ chapel, it is not subject to episcopal jurisdiction. The land was given by King Henry lll in 1246 to Count Peter of Savoy and, in 1512, King Henry Vlll ordered the construction of a great hospital. This charitable foundation provided a night’s lodging for 100 ‘pour and nedie’ men. The chapel is all that remains of the hospital.