Product Management Masterclass
Friday, 19 December 2014 from 10:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What do Product Management and the Berlin Christmas Market have in common? Product Management Masterclass
What do Product Management and the Berlin Christmas Market have in common? They are both are happening in Berlin this December. We are arranging an exciting day that will stake your Product Management to new levels and get you out and about in Berlin.
Join Markus Andrezak from überproduct and Martyn Evans from Unboxed Consulting for an in-depth, hands-on one day workshop with theory and insights in the morning and real customer development in the Christmas Market in the afternoon. To get the most out of your trip we are including a free night in a Berlin hotel on Friday night.
Who should attend?
- Product Owners of digital products, already working in product ownership.
- Product Managers with a portfolio of products.
What will be covered?
Over the day, we will be covering:
- How to identify great stories - What is a story? What is the purpose? How to write it down? What are characteristics? How can I communicate it?
- Story Mapping - What are my stories, communicate them, size them
- Prioritise your backlog in 30 minutes - How to identify and align priorities
- Story Mapping (Part Two) - Managing your portfolio through Kanban methods
- How Pixar tell Stories – Learn the principles of story telling from the masters
- User research theory – We cover the different types of user research and when each type should be applied.
- User research preparation - Topic Mapping and interview techniques - Preparing the right questionnaire, setting up an interview, finding interviewees, how to document, evaluate and analyse responses
With all this preparation in place, we’ll then visit a local Berlin Christmas Market to trial these newly-won interviewing skills face-to-face at the Christmas Market with real people.
What to expect
- A lively and interactive one-day session with the latest thinking in product management
- Tools and techniques in Story Mapping
- Tools and techniques in User Research
- A practical platform to undertake real User Research
- Networking and sharing experiences with peers
Date: Friday 19th December (Depart Gatwick at 6:30)
Price: £600 + VAT (including lunch, refreshments and a hotel on Friday night)
Or local price €600+ VAT (including lunch and refreshments)
(Flights are not included but should be around £200)
Location: Betahaus, Berlin
(If you would like to come the day before, you are welcome to work from our Berlin office on Thursday)
When & Where
We're Unboxed. We collaborate to grow your ideas for digital products and services. Then we build them. We can also improve the way your organisation works.
We do this through agile and lean techniques, using Ruby on Rails.