We had a huge amount of interest in this event and it is now sold out (in minutes!). If you would like us to hold this event again, please let us know via email or Twitter plus which month you'd like us to organise it in. We will try to set it up again!
Aim of event:
The aim of this event is to provide you with universal tips and advice that will be useful for all product managers and owners for when they are job hunting. The event is for professionals aspiring to or already working in the Product world, or even hiring managers who are struggling through the process. It is ideal for those with 1-5 years experience and potentially looking to make a move, or just interested in hearing about the market.
A panel of three to five hiring managers from start-ups and corporate organisations will discuss key topics in the Product Owner Job Hunt space and also answer questions that you might have.
We all know the basics of Product Ownership, but this event will give you insight into what hiring managers mean with terminology, what they look for when it comes to first impressions and other market insight which will help.
If you are interested in a career in product management and meeting with like-minded industry peers than don't hesitate, reserve your seat now.
You will gain valuable insight to:
- Common mistakes in product manager CVs
- Transferable skills that will assist in your career
- What terminology means what when it comes to hiring managers
- Key interview tips for any product owner
- The difference between product owners and product managers in their eyes
Product Management/Ownership is a growing discipline. It is becoming more and more essential to the build of digital products. It is one of the youngest career verticals in the digital job market as well, having grown over the past five years with the growth of agile working.
Given this, product management backgrounds are varied. Some product managers are code-focussed, others come from User Experience and Research backgrounds. Similarly, each business's definition of a Product Owner is different from the next. As a discipline, it is so adaptable; each business moulds it to their needs.
So how are you meant to navigate the job market? It can be tough to identify the key points of a spec, how to write your CV and answer difficult interview questions.
- Pre-event networking - You have 30 minutes to grab a drink and some nibbles, mingle and meet everyone
- Panel discussion - A one hour panel discussion plus Q&A. You can submit your questions beforehand and during the discussion through Twitter (Tweet @FutureheadsProd using #POJobHunt)
- Post-event networking - Grab another drink and any nibbles (if any are left!). This is a great opportunity to share thoughts and insight with your fellow attendees
Look forward to seeing you there.
Please note, venue and speakers will be announced over the next 14 days.