This course covers principles and techniques of effective Production Planning and Control. Combining lectures with a computer-based simulation allows delegates to put theory into practice. This unique “learning by doing” approach has proved highly effective in ensuring that knowledge is retained, understood and rapidly applied.
The course also addresses key behavioural and interpersonal issues that can make or break the effectiveness of production planning and control.
The course fee includes two nights' accommodation.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone involved with manufacturing who has not received formal training in this subject. A good course for Production Planners, Schedulers and Co-ordinators, Production Supervisors and Managers, Buyers and other procurement and logistics specialists in manufacturing businesses. Also useful for IT and finance staff involved with manufacturing.
What Will The Course Cover?
- The planning and control framework
- The Master Production Schedule (“MPS”)
- Capacity planning and management
- Material Requirements Planning (“MRP”)
- Controlling batch sizes and lead times
- Shop floor scheduling and control
- Planning techniques for Lean flow production
What Will Delegates Gain?
The course delivers an understanding of key production planning and control principles and techniques and shows how they can be used to:
- reduce lead times;
- improve on time delivery;
- reduce costs;
- reduce working capital requirements;
- improve profitability and return on capital.
The business simulation enables delegates to see the impact of decisions on the performance of a factory in a way that cannot be conveyed by lectures alone.