Professional Property Photography
A half-day (1:00 - 5:00) workshop for anyone wanting to produce high quality internal and external images of residential or commercial property.
The workshop combines plain English theory (covering photography essentials and equipment) with practical exercises to demonstrate effective ways to capture a wide variety of real-world scenarios.
Based at Sunshine Barn, tuition covers:
- Equipment – what you need to do the job
- Camera settings – aperture, shutter speeds, ISO, colour temperature etc
- Angles and levels – how to position the camera
- Setting the scene – a checklist and aid memoire
- Staging the room – what to include and avoid
- Lights and lighting – natural, artificial, reflected and bounced
- External images – facades, surroundings, gardens
- Room by room – specific points for each room
- Routine and shooting order – establishing a system to avoid missing anything
- Downloading – getting images off the camera and backed up
- Post processing – software options and enhancement procedures
- Formatting and sizing – JPEGs, RAW files, pixels and dimensions
- Saving and uploading – archiving and organising, sharing and transferring.
- How to assess rooms and determine the best angles to shoot from.
- How to set the camera up to use available light.
- How to capture difficult spaces and rooms.
- How to build the impression of space and atmosphere.
- How to save the images, re-size and format them for their intended use.
The Professional Property Photography workshop is ideal for:
Estate Agency staff tasked with taking images for online promotion or printed brochures.
Professional Photographers wanting to learn new skills they can offer to the property marketing industry
The workshop is delivered by Duncan Robb, a full-time professional photographer who has photographed hundreds of properties from one bedroomed apartments and two bedroomed terrace houses to three and four storey mansions with multiple reception rooms & bedrooms with extensive grounds. Duncan will take you through the whole process and demonstrate tips and tricks to speed up workflow and simplify the job of creating a portfolio of quality images for each property.
Save This Event
When & Where
DE6 1LX Ashbourne
Red Dog Photo School
Red Dog Photo School helps photographers get the most satisfaction from what can be a pastime for some, a hobby for others or an obsession for the really keen.
The business is run by Duncan Robb whose first interest in photography started at a very early age.
During the 70’s a passion for photography (mainly motorcycles!) led to the setting up of a small business and trying to master the alchemy of the darkroom to develop rolls of film and produce black and white prints - producing colour slides and prints was even more of a black art in those days!
An involvement with the sport of Triathlon in the 1980s as a competitor, event organiser and administrator, lead to the establishment of ‘220 the Triathlon Magazine’ that Duncan edited and took most of the photographs for. This experience developed the skills required to work with individuals, groups and crowds, capturing the action and creating images with impact.
In the 90s the experience of organising and managing Triathlons was brought to business events; exhibitions, conferences, corporate hospitality and similar occasions demanding a high level of photography, working with the media and exploring the emerging capabilities of digital imaging.
In 2016 Red Dog celebrates 12 years in business and responding to the demand for more training, has put together workshops for photographers of all abilities and interests to help them get the most out of their camera and their own creativity.
The Peak District Photography Breaks are a collaboration with some of the best landscape photographers in the UK and the finest hotels in the Peak District creating a fully inclusive package for those prepared to take time out to discover what they and their camera are capable of with a little expert guidance.
Duncan uses his years of experience, an understanding of the needs of people in business and a flexible, willing and above all professional approach to deliver photography, training and photography breaks.
In 2007, Duncan qualified with the British Institute of Professional Photographers and in 2014 Duncan qualified as an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop CC
Call 07931 342280 for more details.