Programming and Coding through the NI Primary Curriculum
Key Focus: Primary
Who should attend?
- ICT co-ordinator
- Teachers FS, KS1 & 2
Developing skills in programming and coding is vital for our children to learn in preparation for future employment requiring a 21st Century skill set. This course is designed to educate and support schools to provide opportunities for children to have practical experience of programming in preparation for the creativity needed for the future workplace.
- Learn how to use a range of programming and coding apps to develop programming and logical thinking
- Investigate how pupils can use programming apps in an engaging and challenging way
- Develop knowledge of the language used in programming - debugging, algorithms, logical reasoning, input and output
- Understand how programming and coding can enhance problem solving and logical thinking across the NI Curriculum including Literacy and Numeracy.
- Course duration 10am-3pm.
- Max participants: 25.
- Essential Apps: Latest versions of Hopscotch, Scratch Jr, Tickle, Minecraft, Daisy the Dino.
- A fully charged iPad with up to date iOS software.
- Knowledge of school Apple ID and password.
- All course material will be provided via iTunes U.