PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Introduction to Project Management
Many companies are realising that the traditional project management principles are no longer applicable in today’s extremely dynamic and demanding environment. A fixed approach of planning is no longer a good method since it is very difficult to anticipate everything in advance and respond to it in the plan. Instead, more agile planning methods are required to accommodate for changing markets, technology and resources over the course of a typical project.
“This course can be used to help design, or at a later level, refine an organisation’s approach to Project Management”
Project Management is at the core of much that we do. Whether managing a project at work or managing a DIY project at home the core essentials of Project Management remain the same - Plan, Implement and Review. Many companies choose to define their own "specific" approach to managing projects. This course can be used to help design, or at a later level, refine that internal approach to Project Management.
This 1 day course is where delegates will learn the various stages involved in managing time, resources, cost, risk and quality to meet the requirement of the project.
Who should attend?
This level 1 course is relevant to everyone that is involved in the development or delivery of a project. It will provide an introduction to the different stages and aspects of project management.
- Relating the project to business needs.
- Defining a project
- Plan, monitor and control a project in order to improve the chances of success.
- Review and complete a project in a controlled manner.
- Measure the success of a project and apply lessons learned.
- Goals, objective and scope
- Monitoring and control of change, quality, cost and progress.
- Identify and avoid the major pitfalls of project management
- Initiate and plan a project
- Develop a project management structure
- Implement and monitor a projects lifecycle
- Review and close a project
- Measure the success of a project and apply lessons learned
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses and onsite corporate training