Actions and Detail Panel
Project Management Training
Wed 10 May 2017, 09:00 – 12:30 BST
A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO MANAGING PROJECTS
Location: RM321 Meeting Room in EPT - Southampton Solent University
To provide an overview of project management with emphasis on the role of project leadership.
To provide an overview of project management concepts
To consider prime causes of project failure
To identify what constitutes effective project management
To identify the responsibilities of project sponsor/steering group/board
Explore your own skills in relations to project management.
Please see draft schedule below:
09.30 The scope of a project
When is a project a project?
The roles and responsibilities of Project ‘leader’ and Project Manager
Auditing the skills you bring
Leadership and the strategic role of the steering group/board
11.15 Risks: assessing and managing them
Common reasons projects fail- and what can help
Double loop learning-reflecting on improvements in your projects
Your role in project success- working through others
There will be an afternoon session open to Project Leaders of the Southern Universities Network only. During this time, a project specific to the SUN will be discussed and analysed.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
What are my parking options for the event?
There are several city centre car parks close to Southampton Solent University. Please see details below:
1. New Road (SO14 0AY) - 2 min walk to SSU - £5 all day parking
2. Trinity Road (SO14 0BG) - 3 min walk to SSU - £4.20 all day parking - 23 spaces
3. Six Dials (SO14 0SU) - 3 min walk to SSU - £4.20 all day parking - 72 spaces
4. Compton Walk (SO14 0BH) - 4 min walk to SSU - £8 all day parking - 35 spaces
5. Ascupart Street (SO14 1LU) - 6 min walk to SSU - £5.50 all day parking - 32 spaces
6. Kings Park Road (SO15 2AU) - 7 min walk to SSU - £8 all day parking - 76 spaces
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions about the event, please contact George Storry at G.C.Storry@soton.ac.uk or by phone on 02380 591727.