FREE Comprehension Workshop
We would like to invite you to a free half-day workshop with Lindsay Pickton on how to use guided reading to raise standards in comprehension.
Date: 31st January 2017
Time: 13:30-16:30 (Registration 13:00 - 13:30)
Address: St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School, Mc Kean Road, Oldbury, B69 4BA
What will be covered?
During the workshop, you will be shown strategies to help you to:
- Use the power of talk to develop inference, critical thinking and other higher-level comprehension skills
- Reduce your workload through straightforward planning
- Group your class to catch struggling children and stretch high-achievers
- Develop discussion and reading for pleasure
- Use Project X Origins as an effective guided reading programme.
Who will be speaking?
An experienced Teaching and Learning Advisor specialising in Primary Literacy, Lindsay leads inspiring and practical training for all aspects of English teaching, from guided reading to drama and reading for pleasure.
Who should attend?
Subject leaders, Literacy Coordinators and Senior Leader Team.
How many places are available?
Two places per school.
Tea and coffee will be provided free of charge.
Delegates are advised that they can park in the church if spaces are available. There is also a pay and display car park at the end of the road
Save This Event
When & Where
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Oxford School Improvement is designed to help you get the best results for your children by working with you on the issues that really matter.