Shining a light on Arts Award for KS1 and KS2
Opportunity to meet primary teachers from Lewisham and Greenwich through a marketplace
This marketplace is for organisations and individuals who are Arts Award Advisers, an Arts Award Centre and/or Arts Award Supporters based locally. With a stall you can showcase what you do and how you are involved in Arts Award.
The event is to help primary school teachers in Lewisham and Greenwich find out about Arts Award - see below for more information on the event.
The session will cover Arts Award Discover, Explore and Bronze for primary teachers and delivered by Tanya Harris, Arts Award Support Consultant. At the end of the talk and Q&A teachers will be encourage to explore the market place of cultural organisations.
You must be set up by 4pm.
Deadline to book your stall is 28/09/2016.
At the event teachers will find out about:
- The nuts and bolts of Arts Award
- How to choose between Discover*, Explore** and Bronze*** for year 6
- Benefits to your pupils and school
- Planning your Arts Award delivery – first steps
- Connecting with local cultural organisations
4-6pm, Thursday 6 October 2016, Horniman Museum and Gardens
- 4pm Welcome and refreshments
- 4:15pm Find out about Discover and Explore Arts Awards with Q&A from Tanya Harris, Arts Award Support Expert
- 5:15 pm Local cultural organisations market place – meet organisations that could form or inform one of your Arts Award Activities
- More tea and coffee and biscuits
- Tanya will be on hand for further questions
- 6pm Close
Participants will also learn more about:
- Greenwich and Lewisham Arts Award Area Network
- Subsidised Arts Award adviser training through the network
- How to get support surgeries for trained advisers
Arts Award Discover *
This award provides a great introduction to the arts and to other Arts Award levels.
Arts Award Discover is open to Key Stage 1and beyond.
Arts Award Explore**
This award is an Entry Level 3 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). It is the perfect stepping stone from our introductory award, Arts Award Discover, to the Level 1 qualification, Bronze Arts Award.
Arts Award Bronze***
To achieve Bronze, a Level 1 award on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), young people take part in an arts activity they enjoy, go to an arts event, research their arts inspiration and share their skills with others. Bronze is available to young people aged 11 to 25.
This event is part of the Greenwich and Lewisham Local Arts Award Network.