Actions and Detail Panel
Promoting Diversity and Challenging Homophobia in Primary Schools - Manches...
Fri 13 January 2017, 09:30 – 15:30 GMT
This one-day course will challenge primary schools to be more inclusive by exploring and teaching about lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) identities by:
- Exploration of appropriate terminilogy and language for a range of identities;
- Giving real life examples of the school experience for LGBT young people and those from LGBT families;
- Exploration of the legal and Ofsted requirement to challenge homo/transphobic language and behaviour;
- Giving the skills to recognise and confidently challenge homo/transphobia;
- Showing you how to develop and implement an LGBT inclusive curriculum across all key stages using tried and tested lesson plans in line with the National Curriculum framework.
All delegates will receive a FREE copy of our “Promoting Diversity and Challenging Homophobia in Primary Schools” Teaching Resource Pack – written by teachers for teachers.
This event is useful for any primary schools wishing to be more inclusive. It also serves to support our our AGMA and Arts Council and funded project "Happily Ever After", touring schools and venues in May and June 2017.