Actions and Detail Panel
Promoting Diversity and Challenging Homophobia in Stockport Primary Schools
Tue 20 June 2017, 09:30 – 15:30 BST
This one-day course will challenge primary schools to be more inclusive by exploring and teaching about lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) identities by:
- Exploration of appropriate terminilogy and language for a range of identities;
- Giving real life examples of the school experience for LGBT young people and those from LGBT families;
- Exploration of the legal and Ofsted requirement to challenge homo/transphobic language and behaviour;
- Giving the skills to recognise and confidently challenge homo/transphobia;
- Showing you how to develop and implement an LGBT inclusive curriculum across all key stages using tried and tested lesson plans in line with the National Curriculum framework.
Date and Time
Alma Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, Stockport. Wedding & Events Venue.
149 Buxton Road