Promoting responsible credit and savings – a workshop for dioceses with Sir Hector Sants
Tuesday, 3 June 2014 from 13:15 to 16:30 (BST)
An opportunity to share what the church has been doing locally and nationally since the Archbishop of Canterbury’s comments in 2013 about payday lenders, credit unions and the financial system.
13.15 - Sir Hector Sants, Chair of the Archbishop’s Task Group on Responsible Credit and Savings
- Presentation from the Church Credit Champions Network
14.15 – 14.45 Break for refreshments.
14.45 – 15.00 Feedback in small groups on how can the C of E centrally can support and communicate effectively with the dioceses?
15.00 – 16.30 Examples of local and national initiatives with an opportunity for further discussion in small groups including:
· Manchester Diocese on helping credit unions with marketing
· Churches Mutual Credit Union
· 100x100 fundraising scheme from Southwell and Nottingham Diocese
· Chichester Diocese on their ‘Patrons Appeal’ for Sussex Credit Unions
· Murston Community Bank, Murston Churches,Kent
· Fair For You – an alternative to Brighthouse?
Please forward to others who may be interested and select number of the tickets you require when clicking 'attend event'.
There is no parking at the Carrs Lane Centre but the area is well served by public transport - Birmingham Moor Street is next opposite the Centre and New Street and Snow Hill stations are a short walk away. There are many public car parks close by.
We are unable to provide lunch but hot drinks and cakes will be served during the break.