Actions and Detail Panel
Promoting self-esteem (families course)
Sat 24 June 2017, 09:00 – 12:30 BST
- worry your child has low self-esteem and lacks confidence
- want to help your child feel better about themselves
- wish to help your child fulfill their potential
All people, including children can be highly critical of themselves. this can impact upon their view of themselves, which can have a detrimental effect upon their emotional wellbeing. This can be a barrier to them reaching their full potential.
During this course we explore whay some children / young people lack confidence in themselves and their abilities, and can view themselves negatively compared to how others see them. The role of previous experiences, self-talk, and evolution are discussed.
Based upon understanding why children / young people are laxking in confidence, strategies to help children / young people have an empowered and compassionate view of themselves are presented.
This course would also be appropriate for parents / carers of children or adolescents who are overly confident in themselves and have extremely high self-esteem.
following this course you will be able to
- explain factors that contribute to your child having low self-esteem
- understand the role of experiences and the mind upon a child's self-esteem
- identify strategies to support your child to have compassionate view of themselves
- empower your child to work towards their dreams