Actions and Detail Panel
'Provisional Driving' - Introduction to using a sewing machine
Sun 19 February 2017, 11:00 – 13:30 GMT
The ‘Provisional Driving’ Introduction To Using a Sewing Machine class has been developed to address the needs of those who have little or no experience of using a sewing machine. Through this class participants will learn not only basic sewing machine skills, but will develop the confidence to progress onto making things for themselves using a sewing machine.
In the afternoon, put your new found skills into practise to create a practical item (a creative cushion or bag) in the "Creative Making on the Machine" class.
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin.
- feed fabric through, sew in a straight line and turn corners.
- explore the range of features and stitches on the machine.
- sew different types of seams.
- Understand how to hem the edge of the cloth.
- apply a pocket and patches.
Includes our brand new 'Learn to Sew' textile handout (T-Towel) , other materials, use of sewing machines and refreshments.
For more information on Fabrications and our classes visit our Website
For booking Terms & Conditions