San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The South West region kicks off with two brilliant business speakers, and two showcases from members. This session brings you content confessions, a lifetime of lessons, storytelling tips and the key to unlocking beliefs you may not even know you have.
This session will be hosted by regional vice-president, Sue Richardson.
Local talent: Sonja Jefferson (valuablecontent.co.uk)
Huge content lessons from my 3 worst ever speaking gigs
Speaking is just another form of valuable content and it's sometimes tricky to get right. Sonja Jefferson fesses up to the 3 worst speaking gigs she ever did, looking at what went wrong and highlighting big lessons you can take away both as speakers, and for all other forms of content (blogs, videos, books) you create to help your business fly.
Keynote: Lee Jackson (http://leejackson.biz)
From youth worker to PSA President: what I've learnt so far!
Lee Jackson will share, in his own down-to-earth style, how he transitioned from his previous role running a youth work charity into being a Pro speaker and what he has learnt along the way. It's speaking 101, nothing complicated or boring just loads of great practical tips and stories of success and failure so you don't have to make the same mistakes. Lots of questions and answers too in a session designed to help you Speak More and Speak Better.
By the end of Lee’s session you will...
- Learn the mistakes that Lee made so you don't have to!
- Understand how to start up and develop a speaking business from the PSA President.
- Know how to give what your clients really want to get the gig.
We will also have two superb showcases from members:
- Tony Coll, who as a journalist interviewed cabinet ministers and captains of industry; as an entertainer he's written songs, scripts and sketches, and has appeared on TV as a Sun Page Three Girl and a giant condom, will deliver a powerful short session on identifying THE BIG ONE story from amongst the mine of them we all have.
- Peter Milligan, business psychologist with 25 years experience, will show us how easily we can form beliefs, lock them in and close ourselves off to new perspectives.
- 6.00pm: Sonja Jefferson
- 6.30pm: Member showcases - Tony Coll and Peter Milligan
- 7.00pm: Break for networking sandwich supper
- 7.45pm: About the PSA
- 8.00pm: Lee Jackson
- 9.00pm: Close (drinks at the cosy bar!)
When & Where
Professional Speaking Association
Our aim is to help you speak more and speak better. Our events will help you do just that.
Cancellation Policy: Please be aware that we do not accept cancellation of bookings for PSA meetings, as we make arrangements to support the number of places booked and incur costs that cannot often be recovered. If you have booked a place at a PSA event and are no longer able to attend, please ask around your local PSA community to see if another speaker wishes to attend in your place - we’re happy for you to transfer your booking, and just ask that you let us know by emailing email@example.com.