Actions and Detail Panel
Psychometric Testing with PeopleWise
Tue 22 March 2016, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
Peoplewise is a leading business psychology firm with extensive experience in the design and use of psychometrics in recruitment and development. Psychometrics are tests specifically designed to measure capability and aptitude. Peoplewise has developed a new psychometric test to measure mental agility - the ability to think clearly, flexibly and strategically under pressure. Mental agility is a key capability for predicting job performance, and is frequently used in graduate recruitment and leadership development.
In collaboration with Birckbeck careers department, peoplewise is offering an exciting opportunity for students to gain experience with psychometric testing and to receive feedback on their results. Students will also get the opportunity to hear from an experienced business psychologist consultant about the use of psychometrics in recruitment, and the development of mental agility. There will also be the chance to talk to consultants and ask questions. This experience will be delivered in two parts, and students will need to commit to both sessions to be involved.
Session 1: (90 minutes) - 22/03/16 - 6pm - MAL 532
- Students will undertake the Peoplewise Mental Agility Psychometric (MAP)
- A peoplewise consultant will deliver a short talk on the use of psychometrics in graduate recruitment, how they are used to discriminate fairly and select out
Session 2: (90 minutes) - 06/04/16 - 6pm - MAL 532
- Students will undertake a second parallel psychometric test
- Students will receive a personalised feedback report from the first session’s results, including developmental pointers
- A peoplewise consultant will deliver a short talk the typical experiences students may have in respect to psychometrics and recruitment, and on how mental agility can be developed.