Actions and Detail Panel
Pub School Open Day. Learn how to make content work for your business
Tue 28 March 2017, 15:00 – 17:00 BST
Will Pub School help you get your content + marketing sorted?
Want to get your content and marketing sorted but not sure how to make it work? Want to get clear on what your business stands for and how to share your story with the world? Come and learn more about what it takes to make content work for your business and get a taste of Valuable Content's Pub School Programme, ahead of the next intake which kicks off in May.
What is Pub School?
Pub School is a unique group learning programme to help owners of small expert businesses make content work. A catalyst to kick start your marketing and business development efforts, create content people love and use it to build a business you’re proud to run.
Over the course of 3 months you'll create a working content strategy and put it into action. You'll get our support as you apply valuable insights and techniques to your own business and marketing. You'll get up and running with your writing, with feedback and support from a like-minded group.
Pub School inspires you to take marketing action and supports you to make lasting change happen.
The next group starts in May, and we have places for 5 businesses.
Open Day details
Sonja and Sharon from Valuable Content will share what they have learnt from working on more than a hundred content projects and explain the repeated patterns of success and failure they see in businesses trying to make content marketing work. You'll hear how this has inspired the development of the Pub School programme. And you'll get the chance to pinpoint where you are now and learn the steps you need to take to reach your goals.
Join us for delicious afternoon tea, marketing therapy and an overview of Pub School - 28th March 3pm-5.00 pm in The Lion in Cliftonwood, Bristol.
3.00pm: Arrival - afternoon tea and the Lion's legendary cakes
3.45pm: Talk: How to make your content work for your business
- The rise of content as a key business differentiator – what it takes to make it work (and mistakes to avoid)
- Key principles of a valuable content strategy – the process to help you get yours right
- Getting your message straight – what to say and how to say it
- The road to Pub School: why we believe group therapy is the way forward for independent businesses
4.15pm: Q and A - Share your marketing worries. Ask Sonja, Sharon, and some of the Pub School alumni any questions you have about what's holding you back from building a business you love.
5.00pm: Home time (... unless you’d like to stay for a drink and chat with us afterwards)
Who is this event for?
This event will be of interest to you if you:
- You own or manage an independent business and want to take action to get your marketing and content sorted
- You are keen to start writing content but are not sure what to say or how to begin
- You want to understand the elements of a working content strategy and how to navigate the digital marketing universe
- You are familiar with the Valuable Content marketing approach and want to see if Pub School’s the right catalyst for you
- You like the idea of relaxed learning in a small collaborative group in the best pub in Bristol
We'd love to see you at the Lion.
About Sonja and Sharon
Sonja Jefferson and Sharon Tanton of Valuable Content are the authors of the UK's award-winning Valuable Content Marketing book. Together they've worked on content projects for businesses around the world, delivered training for The Institute of Digital Marketing and Tech City's Digital Business Academy, and run content marketing workshops from Lanzarote to Chicago, for businesses of all shapes and sizes – from solo entrepreneurs to Google.
What Pub Schoolers say about the experience
"If you don't really know where to start with your content, what you need to say, what your message is, what your goals are - that's when you need to come to Pub School." Rebecca Taylor, Director at Deckchair UX
"The benefits reach even wider than the content driving the business forward from a sales and marketing point of view. You get clarity about who you are as a business and what you stand for." – Jon Gaunt, founder of FD Works
"Pub School was been so worthwhile. We gained more out of six sessions with Sonja and Sharon than we have in a year of coaching in the past." Lindsey Newman, Owner at Purple House HR