How can we get research on the political agenda ahead of 2015's general election? Join our excellent line up of speakers for a one day workshop to discuss what the whole research community can do to get medical research noticed.
What will we cover?
Geting medical research on the agenda and tips on how to bring a 'dry' campaign topic to life.
Who's it for?
All policy and public affairs staff looking ahead to the general election, as well as new starters in public affairs work, and charities new to campaigning on research issues.
- Sarah Main, Director, Campaign for Science & Engineering
- Mia Rosenblatt, Head of Policy and Campaigns, Breast Cancer Campaign
- Louise Wren, Policy Advisor, Wellcome Trust
- Sophie Jones, Senior Patient Engagement Manager, Cancer Research UK
- Julia Waltham, Advocacy Manager, British Heart Foundation
Session 1: Campaigning on medical research policy
- When to campaign on a policy issue
- How to bring a potentially dry research policy issue alive
- How can/when might you involve patients and supporters in your campaigning
Session 2: Getting your voice heard ahead of the general election
- Developing calls for manifestos/pledges
- Getting the most out of party conferences
- Other ways of engaging/communicating with MPs
Session 3: How we can get medical research on the agenda ahead of the general election
- What the science community is doing
- Party manifestos
- AMRC- what we’re doing
- How can your charity get involved with what is already going on
- What else can the whole community be doing.
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more that 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £40.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £40.
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.