Improve your confidence and ability to speak in public. Engage more with your audience and deliver your message.
This intensive evening workshop will provide attendees with insights & knowledge to improve their public speaking ability.
The focus is upon skills development in a supportive learning environment.
Maximum group size of 12 people.
Learn with an acclaimed practitioner!
It is led by David Stringer-Lamarre a well recognised and accomplished public speaker. He is the Managing Director of Fortis Consulting London and also the Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London. David regularly speaks to business audiences and has done so in many venues and settings. These include the Mansion House in the City of London, the House of Lords, the House of Commons, the Law Society, Chartered Accountants Hall and the Institute of Directors and also within various companies and universities.
The London Capital Club an exclusive private club catering to the modern business professional, with a reputation for excellence in the heart of the City of London.
18:00 to 21:00
- Two sessions: 18:00 to 19:30 & 19:40 to 21:00
- Preparing your speech, some tips and pointers
- Dress, posture, preparing to adapt to the situation and the audience
- Different speaking styles
- Managing your nerves and any 'stage fright'
- Getting ready to speak; be ready when you are called
- Scanning the room during your speech
- Voice control, intonation and delivery speed
- Opening and closing statements
- 'Using silence' within your speech
- Working within the time frame available, short or long
- Body language and non-verbal communication
- Responding to comments and questions from your audience
- ‘Take Aways’ – personal development plan
- Willingness to learn and engage with others in a short intensive period
Click here for ‘Open Seminar – Terms & Conditions’
If you wish to pay by bank transfer and receive a Fortis Consulting London invoice please visit our website for more information.