Public Workshop "How to be a Productivity Ninja" (Sheffield, AM Session)
Friday, 23 October 2015 from 10:00 to 11:30 (BST)
Information overload is a big problem. We’re all overwhelmed with the amount of information and potential distraction we face in our work. It’s no longer enough to just focus on your time management: it’s time to think about how you manage your attention and focus, your projects and actions and your choices and habits. A Productivity Ninja™ is calm and prepared, but also skilled and ruthless in how he or she deals with the enemy that is information overload. This 1.5 hour seminar will show you how to keep a zen-like calm as well as an agile ruthlessness, just like a Productivity Ninja. The ticket price includes a signed copy of Graham Allcott's best-selling "How to be a Productivity Ninja" book!
Who Should Attend?
Applicable to anyone whose role involves independent decision-making and organising information (as opposed to manual or automated roles).
What You'll Learn
- The 9 characteristics of the Productivity Ninja™
- How to stop email and the internet taking up your whole day
- Beating procrastination
- How to replace demoralising lists with a more productive personal productivity system
- Fighting distraction and interruption
- Staying focused, on task, and “in the zone”
- Replacing constant fire-fighting and confusion with a purposeful structure and plan
- Managing your energy, concentration and motivation in a sustainable way
- Individual action-planning and some facilitated group discussion so that you leave the session with some practical tools to boost your productivity, reduce your stress-levels and ultimately make things happen in your work and life.
What You'll Do
Individual action-planning and some facilitated group discussion so that you leave the session with some practical tools to boost your productivity, reduce your stress-levels and ultimately make things happen in your work and life.
Reflection, inspiration, motivation and new ideas to try out, plus individual action plans to develop Ninja-level productivity skills.
Length/Format - 90 minute session from 2pm-3.30pm
There's no need to bring anything with you for this session - just yourself!
When & Where
Productivity Ninja: Jim Hertherton (Mob: 07766 600 985)
For over 30 years I have been involved in helping people develop the following skills:
- Personal and Professional Productivity
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Building Effective Relationships
- Leadership and Change Management
- Stress Management
Why I do it
I attended my first “time and life management” training in 1986 and took the 21 day challenge given to me by Hyrum Smith (the CEO of the Franklin International Institute). It was really a life changing experience for me as this was no ordinary session, instead being a values based approach to the topic which had a massive impact on my productivity. So I do this because it works!
Having held leadership & management positions at retailer Tesco (prior to changing my career into Learning and Development), I helped establish the Franklin Quest Company that later became Franklin Covey Europe. Working with and for Stephen R Covey – author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – was another life changing event and since then I have impacted the lives of over 35,000 people in a variety of public seminars & custom on-site programmes, with audience sizes ranging from 15 to 1500, and covering roles from CEO’s to junior managers.