Actions and Detail Panel
Pupil Premium: making and costing the case
Tue 19 September 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
Designed for anyone who leads the project management of Pupil Premium provision and of particular benefit for leaders to attend with their SBMs or school finance officers; this course will give you the practical skills you need to identify the full cost of your support for Pupil Premium initiatives and projects. On the day you will learn to understand the principles, ground rules and accountability requirements associated with Pupil Premium funding.
On the day, you will be provided with electronic Word and Excel templates which will help calculate costs and cost efficiency to develop overarching reports outlining use of Pupil Premium funding which can be uploaded to your school's website.
Additionally, the course will:
- consider setting outcomes measures, including suggestions for "softer" outcomes that are harder to measure and evaluate
- provide tips to prepare succinct but complete reports to governors to enable them to monitor, challenge and manage Pupil Premium funding activelyuse project planning techniques to plan Pupil Premium initiatives in a way that facilitates easy costing and evaluation of success
- through group work, explore potential measurable outcomes associated with some example Pupil Premium initiatives
- explore project review and reporting techniques to inform decisions on what initiatives to support in future, those to drop and areas where new initiatives should be considered
- use the techniques, course manual and bespoke templates on return to school to cost, evaluate and report on the cost and associated impact of Pupil Premium initiatives
Delegates will need to bring a laptop running Microsoft Word and Excel to the course to take full advantage of the individual work sessions. It would be useful to bring a small and contained initiative to the course to start costing.
Facilitator: Larraine Cooper
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on email@example.com or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.