Actions and Detail Panel
Purple modules: For Section Leaders & Section Supporters Wood badge Trainin...
Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 19:30 – Sun, 12 Mar 2017, 15:30 GMT
This course covers:-
03: Tools for the Role (Section Leaders)
Tools for the Role (Section Leaders) is a mandatory module for Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders and Section Assistants. It covers the basic information on the individual’s role or area of responsibility and some practical help to get the individual started in the role. Topics covered:
- Features of the section
- Roles with in the section
- Using activities and games
- Youth shaped Scouting
- Promoting positive behaviour
12(B): Programme Planning
Programme Planning is a mandatory module for Section Leaders and Assistant Section Leaders.
Programme Planning provides section leaders with an opportunity to plan and review a sectional programme including the use of a variety of methods to generate programme ideas.
• How to create an exciting and relevant programme
• How to generate programme ideas
• How to review a programme to enhance it
13: Growing the section
Covers ways in which an adult volunteering with a section can assist their line manager and others to plan for and contribute to the growth of their section and/or group.
- Importance of growth in scouting
- Recruitment and retention: young people
- Recruitment and retention: adults
- Tools and support to help sections grow
- Development plans
14: Supporting Young People
This module is aimed at all section leaders and other adults supporting young people in Scouting. It aims to enable adult volunteers working with young people, to understand and meet their needs.
- Characteristics and development of young people.
- External influences on young people.
- Creating a supportive environment for young people.
- Responding to issues affecting young people.
15: Promoting Positive Behaviour
This module is aimed at all section leaders and other adults supporting young people in Scouting. It aims to enable adult volunteers to proactively promote positive behaviour and appropriately manage challenging behaviour in their section.
- Defining challenging behaviour.
- Planning for positive behaviour; principles and strategies.
- Responding to challenging behaviour.
- Additional help and support for challenging behaviour.
16: Residential Experiences
This module aims to enable section leaders and those who may support residential experiences for young people, as part of their role in Scouting, to understand the role that residential experiences play in Scouting.
- Preparing for a residential experience
- Identifying skills
- Permits and specifics
17: Running Safe Activities
This module aims to enable adults to plan and run exciting, safe and developmental activities for the young people in their section.
- Importance of activities in a Balanced Programme
- Planning and carrying out activities
- Risk assessment
- Leader in charge
18: Practical Skills
This module aims to enable adults to gain and develop practical skills for the benefit of young people in their section.
- Range of practical skills
- Training young people
This module aims to provide participants with a global focus appropriate to their section and an appreciation of the international nature of Scouting.
- International scouting
- The global programme
- International opportunities