Actions and Detail Panel
Put your Collections on the map BRISTOL - Know Your Place Mapping workshop
Fri 5 May 2017, 10:00 – 12:30 BST
Does your organisation hold historic collections relating to the county of Bristol and surrounds?
Do you want to make these more publicly accessible online?
Map your collections onto Know Your Place Bristol with confidence, with this FREE workshop organised by the Know Your Place - West of England project.
Led by Project Officer Felicia Davies, you'll discover how to use Know Your Place Bristol as a digital resource for your research, plus how it will work for you in providing an online platform for your collections material.
Leave the day with a clear plan of action for mapping your collections onto Know Your Place.
The workshop will cover:
- How to Use Know Your Place – introductory tour and demonstration of free online heritage mapping tool
- Behind the scenes – how Know Your Place is working in your area
- Easy 1-2-3 - Methodology for selecting and preparing collections records to be shared on KYP
- Volunteers on the case – Volunteer project Case Study from Bristol Archives
- Coffee Break – refreshments provided
- Demonstration adding records onto KYP from local collections
- Next steps - Planning Session to help you map out what to do next and what support you need
Planned speakers include:
- Felicia Davies – Project Officer for KYP West of England
- Julian Warren - City Archivist, Bristol Archives
This training is intended for organisations committed to becoming partners to the Know Your Place project by mapping collections data onto Know Your Place Bristol. This event is free to attend, but places are limited to 1 per organisation booked on a first-come first-served basis.
If you have any queries re. eligibility, please contact Felicia.Davies@southglos.gov.uk before booking.
Bristol Archives, 'B Bond' Warehouse (via Create Centre), Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN. https://www.bristolmuseums.org.uk/bristol-archives/