San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In September 2012 the Department for Education raised the stakes for Initial Teacher Trainees by toughening the requirements for basic skills tests in numeracy and literacy. The '3 strikes' rule is especially tough for those who specialise in non-numerical subjects or are out of practice.
In this course at the University of West London you will receive tuition in the key topics required to pass the QTS Numeracy test including mental maths at speed, fractions, percentages, decimals, time, conversions (currency and distance), ratio and lots more. Statistical and general arithmetic questions are also discussed during the course.
This is a highly practical and interactive class conducted in a friendly and informal environment. You will be given the opportunity to practice mock exam questions under timed conditions and ask questions of your own.
Date: Saturday 7th January 2017
Venue: University of West London, Paragon House, Boston Manor Road, Brentford TW8 9GA
Course Tutor: Andy Palmer
Andy previously worked for Roehampton University as an Academic Learning Adviser (numeracy specialist). Since 2011 he has tutored over 2,500 students in the techniques required to pass the QTS Numeracy Test. Andy is also the creator of a multitude of very popular YouTube videos showing short cut solutions. Meet the man behind the voice!
30 days' access to our e-learning course site ‘QTS Numeracy Essentials’ (worth £19.99) is included in the ticket price. This offers extra practice tests and tutor support via a dedicated help forum. Click here to view the site and see what is on offer. If you have already purchased access then an extra 30 days will be added to your subscription.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you have a query that is not addressed here please ask.
1) Can I get a discount?
- Sure. A limited number of early bird discounted tickets are available for each class if you purchase far enough in advance. Select the early bird ticket option where available.
2) What is your refund policy?
- Alterations to bookings including cancellation made 7 or more days prior to the course will incur a charge of £30. No refunds are provided for a cancellation request made within 7 days of the course. Please make sure that you are able to attend on the specified workshop date before purchasing a ticket.
- If you fail to show up for class without informing us that you wish to cancel then no refund will be given.
- In very rare (it's never happened!) situations we may be unable to run a course, perhaps due to severe weather conditions, or some other event. A full refund will be provided in this situation or an alternative date arranged.
3) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
- No, just give your full name at reception.
4) Will you be selling tickets at the door?
- No. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
5) Is car parking available at the event?
- For events held on a Saturday free car parking is available at the Brentford site on a first come first served basis. Upon arrival inform reception that you are a course participant and they will issue you with a permit to place in your car. There is also likely to be ample free parking on nearby streets but make sure you check for any parking restrictions if using these. For Sat Nav users the postcode TW8 9GA will direct you to the Co-op supermarket located outside the entrance to the University and next to the car park.
6) Can I reach the site via public transport?
- Yes. The Brentford campus is a 5 minute walk from Brentford main line rail station and around a 15 minute walk from Boston Manor underground station. Bus routes 65 E2, E8 and H91 also serve the campus with stops nearby.
7) What version of the course will we be doing?
- There are two versions of the workshop; "Red" and "Blue". These are of equivalent difficulty and contain 100% different questions so if you are intersted in attending a workshop with us again it's best to attend the version you have not already completed. This course will use the Blue version.
We look forward to meeting you!
When & Where
G&A Numerical Ltd
G & A numerical is a UK based provider of maths training and tuition. We specialise in preparing student teachers to take the QTS numeracy exam.
We offer face-to-face and online numeracy courses.
Comments from previous workshop participants:
Emma - "I attended the workshop last weekend and can honestly say it was money well spent. For someone that has had no confidence with maths for many years, he definitely changed my view. His methods were simple to understand and have really helped me - Highly recommended."
Amanda - "An excellent day. It has helped my confidence to take the QTS test next week. Very good teaching, making it so simple for me to understand."
Ambarine - "Excellent explanations, friendly approach. Excellent value for money for preparing for the test."