Actions and Detail Panel
Queens Park Drum Circle: Summer Term
Thu, Apr 27, 2017, 7:30 PM – Thu, Jul 13, 2017, 9:00 PM BST
Come and join us for our summer term of fortnightly drumming workshops
Fun, funky and very uplifting
The dates are:-
- April 27th
- May 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- June 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- July 13th
All classes are 7.30pm - 9.00pm
Everyone will receive an African Djembe drum for the night .
We will learn to play simple rhythms- both traditional African ones and free-form improvised ones. Together we will go on a rhythm journey and play as a Drum and Rhythm orchestra.
No experience needed in advance and Drums will be provided for everyone.
DID YOU KNOW:-
- Drumming is tremendous fun and the oldest form of musical celebration
- Drumming boosts the immune system and is a wonderful tonic for winter blues
- Drumming with others creates community, promotes bonding, reduces feelings of isolation ·
- Drumming transforms anger and stress and promotes creativity
Here’s what they say about our drum circles:
"Amazing fun- the rhythms kept me buzzing all night"
"Loved it- like getting naturally high"
"Great teacher, great people, fantastic drumming..wahoo"
Get discounted tickets if you buy a pack or pay £12.50 on the night