- This 1-day RPS course covers X-ray, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy and Brachytherapy.
- It is suitable to update staff already acting in an RPS role who maybe need a refresher in radiation protection topics.
- The course is delivered by a combination of Radiation Protection Advisers and experienced Medical Physicists specific to the modalities listed. The afternoon session will include a mixture of modality specific lectures and practical hands-on workshops.
- The course covers the topics defined by the HSE in information sheet IRP6.
- When you book, you must select the ticket appropriate for your area of practice - only a limited number of places are available in each modality.
- All tickets will include tea & coffee, a course hand-out pack and course certificate. Lunch will be provided to paying delegates.
- Discounts may be available for groups or customers of MTW Health Physics and Imaging Group - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- You may transfer your place to a colleague free of charge. Refunds will only be given if you cancel by 1st November 2017.
Core Topics Include
- Radiation and it's effects
- Radiation Quantities
- Radiation Detection and Measurement
- UK Radiation Legislation
- Local Rules
- Personal Dosimetry and Dose Limits
- Practical Radiation Protection
- The Role of the RPS
Afternoon Modality Specific Sessions Include:
- QA of Equipment
- Risk Assessments (including for patients)
- Spill Simulation and Clean Up (Nuclear Medicine)
- Source Security
- Contingency Plans
"Excellent to have the focus in the specialist areas e.g. Radiotherapy. I have previously done this training and it was not as focused on the practical day to day responsibilities. Your training was really good as it really made me confident of my responsibilities as RPS for my area. The practical sessions/workshop is an excellent way to identify how to deal with scenarios- Great training day. I would highly recommend other team members from my centre to attend your training programme."
"It was a really informative and well organised day"
"All presentations were excellent and easy to follow slides were informative and it was good to have a hard copy so you could makes notes"
"It was such a friendly PPE workshop and the delegates were all friendly and I enjoyed their company."
"These small group activities and discussions were very good. It gave an opportunity to ask questions and be active within group discussion - especially after lunch!"
"A brilliant idea, could relate problems back to own department and discuss what could be done in groups, so you gained ideas from other people really found this useful."
"All of the sessions were informative and engaging. The group discussions were a good way to share ideas between the speakers and the audience."
Save This Event
When & Where
Department of Medical Physics
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
The Kent Medical Physics Partnership has a multi-disciplinary team of over 60 staff covering Health and Imaging Physics, Radiology Physics, Nuclear Medicine Physics, Radiotherapy Physics, Physics Engineering and Computer Sciences.
Medical Physics Services provided by the Trust are therefore backed by a significant pool of expertise. The department has ISO9001:2008 accreditation.
The Partnership has a wide range of contracts in both the public and private sectors, including with large district general hospitals carrying out a full range of diagnostic imaging and radiotherapy techniques and organisations such as dentists, veterinary surgeons and schools.