Actions and Detail Panel
Rain Crew Open Breaking Class
Wed 22 March 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
This is an open dance class accessible to students with all levels of experience in dance. No specific history or abilities are necessary to keep up.
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Style / Level: Bboy / General
Location: Forest Gate Youth and Community Centre, 1 Woodford Road, Forest Gate, London, E7 0DH
What will you learn?
Each class will challenge students with footwork techniques and drills as well as more challenging technical Breaking moves.
Students will learn and develop something new each session, but for those attending regularly we aim to assist in building a knowledge of b-boy foundation, training, labbing and battle techniques to improve personal fitness and assist in nurturing creativity and efficiency for cyphers and battles.
This class compliments the Thursday Breaking Classes which cover fundamentals in Toprock, Drops & go downs, Footwork & Groundwork, Freezes, and Power moves; and additionally our Wednesday classes aim to push students who are familiar with the fundamentals and wish to develop themselves further.
Lead by Haseeb "Chilly" Hearn our teaching term program focuses on developing confident creative minds through disciplined physical training in a fun, safe and open environment.
B-Boy Chilly specialises in Breaking, but also has experience in hip-hop freestyle, (hip-hop choreo as a member of Boy Blue Ent), Popping, House and Experimental.
He has performed in numerous hip-hop festivals and theatre productions including Breakin Convention, Breakin Rules, and The Olivier award winning show the Pied Piper. Chilly competes in breaking internationally and has years of experience teaching workshops to both children and adults, as well as judging and hosting competitions both in the UK and abroad.
- Our tutors individually have up to 10 years of experience teaching adults and children from beginners to competition level which has allowed us to create a syllabus and lesson plans designed to encourage health and fitness, develop new skills and co-ordination and build a knowledge of B-boy vocabulary.
- All our tutors have valid CRBs and Public Liability Insurance, however you are also responsible for your own saftey and should take care when in this class.
- Wear comfortable trainers, and suitable confortable clothing to each class: Tracksuit bottoms, Chinos, and vests / jumpers / T-Shirts are all acceptable.
- Please bring your own protective gear – Kneepads/headspin hats.
- This class is supported by Newham council's Go For It Grant