Actions and Detail Panel
Raising finance for your creative business or project
Tue 28 March 2017, 12:45 – 17:30 BST
Are you looking for advice and top tips on funding and financial options for your creative business?
Why is this day worth attending?
- To highlight the fundraising possibilities for your business or project and how to achieve these aims
- To introduce you to fundraising opportunities for established creative businesses with ambitions to grow
- To introduce you to the wealth of options available for your creative business and ideas throughout your business development journey
Who is speaking?
- Looking for an overview into funding your business or project? Amanda Rigali from Arts Funding and Philanthropy will be offering her wealth of experience of funding opportunities for the arts sector.
- Have you ever considered a financial loan for your creative business? An experienced maker will be explaining the benefits of a loan, the commitment required the positive implementations to your business and how you can go about applying.
- Have you considered Reward-based crowdfunding for your creative business? An experienced maker will highlight a successful crowdfunding campaign and will be sharing her experience
- Have you ever considered a equity investment for your creative business? Equity firm Seedrs will challenge your perception of Equity investment, what investors look for and the next steps you need to make to enable business growth
- Will the Arts Council fund craft? An experienced maker will be sharing their experience of a successful bid for a Grant for the Arts
The day’s proceedings will cover:
- grants and trust funding
- loan schemes
- crowd funding
- and all important case studies presented by makers who have secured funding for their projects or business development
Advance booking information: please complete the following questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2017
- Have you received financial investment or funding before and in what context?
- What is your funding/financial challenge?
12.45 arrive and register
1pm welcome and introductions
1.20 Key note Amanda Rigali: Arts Funding and Philanthropy
2.10 maker presentation on grant funding
3.00 Seedrs crowdfunding equity
3.40 maker presentation on crowdfunding
4.10 maker presentation on loans
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the day and during the afternoon session.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Funding & Financial Skills workshop is part of a series of workshops and masterclasses designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully