Raising Resilient Children - A Workshop for Parents
This workshop uses The Resilient Doughnut a practical strength based model to focuses on strengths and ordinary everday things to help build resilience.
This two hour hands on workshop is ideal to support and equip parents to build their child's resilience so they are better able to cope during life’s inevitable challenges and is suitable for parents of any age children or young people.
What will this workshop cover?
This workshop will enable parents to:
- Understand what resilience is and what it is not.
- Understand why resilience is important and the benefits of a strength based approach.
- Use the Resilience Doughnut model to work with their child to assess their current strengths, which contribute to resilience.
- Recognise and discuss their child’s strengths through use of solution focussed conversations.
- Help their child to understand what they are able to change, in order to improve their ability to cope.
- Develop tools to support the process of building a more resilient family.