Please join us this weekend for the weeky Saturday ride meeting at 08:30 for a prompt rollout at 09:00
This weeks route will be announced on the day, distance will be between 80-110k and pace of around 25-30kmh.
Ensure you are comfortable riding in groups and at a brisk pace. This ride will have reduced numbers, only those who have signed up will be allowed to ride.
Please wear suitable clothing. It is essential that you carry out bike checks before riding. Good brake pads and tyres are essential, especially during winter road conditions.
THIS IS A SOCIAL CLUB RIDE, NOT A RACE.
- Club riding is about working together as a group, do not surge or pass the route leader at any time. The only exception to this rule is when climbing, always wait at the top for the group to catch up.
SIGNALLING AND ROAD HAZARDS.
- Always make the group aware of oncoming traffic or road hazards such as potholes and debris when necessary.
- It is important to hold your line with no sudden movements, always check if there’s room and signal to move out.
- If you’re not sure of the signalling conventions used in group riding, please ask the ride leaders before the ride departs.
- Under no circumstances should you cross wheels with the rider in front of you, this is dangerous and can cause accidents.
BIKE MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY.
key - All riders are responsible for their own well-being during the ride and should be prepared for situations such as adverse weather conditions, mechanical problems and flat tyres.
- Helmet use is compulsory.
- Lights must be fitted onto your bike.
- You should have any basic tools you may require; we recommend inner tubes, pump, tyre levers and relevant allen keys.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and clean, check brake pads and tyres for signs of wear.
- We recommend fitting mudguards.
T & C’s
The ride leaders reserve the right to refuse any rider onto the ride if their bike or riding style is a danger to the rider or group.
Riders must be over the age of 16
Rapha reserves the right to cancel the ride with no notice.
You are responsible for your own safety whilst on the ride, Rapha cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to equipment.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE RIDE LEADERS AND PLEASE ASK IF YOU’RE NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.