Rapha #Womens100 Weekend Rides - CCLDN
On Sunday 20th July 2014, thousands of women around the world will ride 100km.
Rapha CCLDN will be leading several weekend rides leading up to the event in order to prepare riders for the 100km challenge. These rides are the start of fortnightly Women's 100 Weekends rides. Please see below for dates and route details:
Richmond Park 13/07/14 (to meet at Roehampton Gate 10am)
The Women's 100 is a global event, you can ride on your own or join an organised ride. Rides will be taking place everywhere, including several led by Rapha. Over 8,000 women took part in 2013 — this year we’re aiming to double that number.
Riders that complete the Women’s 100 will receive a woven badge to commemorate their achievement.
Please note, if you are unable to choose a date, unfortunately the ride has sold out. Numbers are limited to ensure safety.
-No fixed gear or tri bikes.
-Helmet use is compulsory .
THIS IS A SOCIAL CLUB RIDE, NOT A RACE.
- Club riding is about working together as a group, do not surge or pass the route leader at any time. The only exception to this rule is when climbing, always wait at the top for the group to catch up.
SIGNALLING AND ROAD HAZARDS.
- Always make the group aware of oncoming traffic or road hazards such as potholes and debris when necessary.
- It is important to hold your line with no sudden movements, always check if there’s room and signal to move out.
- If you’re not sure of the signalling conventions used in group riding, please ask the ride leaders before the ride departs.
- Under no circumstances should you cross wheels with the rider in front of you, this is dangerous and can cause accidents.
BIKE MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY.
key - All riders are responsible for their own well-being during the ride and should be prepared for situations such as adverse weather conditions, mechanical problems and flat tyres.
- Helmet use is compulsory.
- Lights must be fitted onto your bike if needed.
- You should have any basic tools you may require; we recommend inner tubes, pump, tyre levers and relevant allen keys.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and clean, check brake pads and tyres for signs of wear.
- We recommend fitting mudguards.
T & C’s
The ride leaders reserve the right to refuse any rider onto the ride if their bike or riding style is a danger to the rider or group.
Rapha reserves the right to cancel the ride with no notice.
You are responsible for your own safety whilst on the ride, Rapha cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to equipment.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE RIDE LEADERS AND PLEASE ASK IF YOU’RE NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.