Actions and Detail Panel
RAPID PROTOTYPING WITH AXURE (BEGINNER) - UX TRAINING
Tue 4 July 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
About the course
Axure RP allows you to rapidly prototype desktop and mobile interfaces and produce testable, sharable, HTML, viewable in a browser without touching a line of code.
This beginner’s course is an intensely practical session suitable for those who have never or only just started to use Axure RP and will teach you all about AXURE’s interface and features so you can get started with prototyping at a fraction of the time and cost of getting something built by a 3rd party and optimising later.
What will you learn?
- Get to know the interface (orientation)
- Create basic, bare bones wireframes using native AXURE widgets
- Master formatting to produce colourful buttons, roll over states, embed links, style containers etc.
- Understand site maps (information architecture)
- Use Guides and grids to create tidy prototypes
- Screen grab then chop up existing webpages and put them back together in a different order
- Tweak functionality within existing webpages
- Create basic HTML interactive prototypes i.e. clickable user journeys
- Prove a crazy idea WILL work
- Prove a crazy idea WON'T work
- How to annotate your prototypes so that developers know exactly what you’re trying to achieve
- Share a link to your prototype with clients, colleagues or users and get feedback right there and then
- Do away with the woefully inadequate Visio and PowerPoint and use a tool designed from the ground up for rapid, interactive prototyping
- How to get the best from low fidelity prototype testing
It's fun, it's interactive, you will meet interesting people to exchange ideas and experiences with, you will produce something worthwhile and go back to your desk armed with weapons to impress your colleagues and friends.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Use and describe all the basic features of Axure
- Turn design ideas into basic HTML prototypes for desktop sites
- Share prototypes and gather feedback from stakeholders
- Annotate prototypes properly for good communication
- Build, distribute and user test simple prototypes in AXURE without the need for developers
- Pastries on arrival
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
About the trainer
AAron Young - Principle Consultant
Aaron has a BSc in Psychology and an MSc in Human Centred Computer Systems and is Head of Usability at Bunnyfoot. After several years working in severe mental health services, Aaron went back to university to study the relationship between human cognition and digital interfaces. After discovering that malfunctioning interfaces can be as difficult to change as human cognition, he avowed to remedy the situation by ensuring things are usable BEFORE delivery to the end user.
He has been with Bunnyfoot for 7 years and is a highly experienced, and profoundly user-centred, interaction designer and usability consultant. He has hundreds of hours of user testing sessions for clients in (nearly) every conceivable domain including several companies within the Virgin group, The Judiciary, National and Local Government, Easyjet, BBC, ITV, Microsoft, The NHS and more…
He has vast experience in the development and design of websites and mobile apps from requirements gathering, early concept development, information architecture, wire-framing and rapid prototyping.
Aaron is Bunnyfoot's resident Axure Fu master.