Actions and Detail Panel
RAPID PROTOTYPING WITH AXURE (INTERMEDIATE) - UX TRAINING
Wed 5 July 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
About the course
Axure RP allows you to rapidly prototype desktop and mobile interfaces and produce testable, sharable, HTML, viewable in a browser without touching a line of code.
This intermediates' course is an intensely practical session suitable for those who have either completed our basic course or already can do the following:
- Create basic, bare bones wireframes using native AXURE widgets
- Know your way around the default AXURE widgets and can apply formatting to them
- Use Guides and grids to create tidy prototypes
- Can screen grab then chop up existing webpages and put them back together in a different order
- Can create basic HTML interactive prototypes i.e. clickable user journeys
- Can annotate prototypes
What will you learn?
- Essentially, how to make your prototypes behave like real websites
- Use masters to create reusable elements such as global navigation
- Initiation into the dark arts of 'dynamic panel use'
- Making stuff appear
- Making stuff disappear
- Light boxes
- Mega menus
- Complex interactions with conditional logic:
- Clicking object X changes object Y
- If Z does not contain ‘@’ show error message
- Conditional logic (If X = Y, do this snazzy thing – else show 'error message')
- Custom widget libraries:
- A library of sharable, styled widgets
- How to find libraries that others have created and shared
- Advanced course tester (you can do what!?)
- How to get the best from mid fidelity prototype testing
It's fun, it's interactive, you will meet interesting people to exchange ideas and experiences with, you will produce something worthwhile and go back to your desk armed with weapons to impress your colleagues and friends.
After completing the training, participants will be able to:
- Turn complex design ideas into fully interactive HTML prototypes for desktop sites
- Understand 'Dynamic panels', the mainstay of complex AXURE interaction design
- Simulate, distribute and user test interaction design in AXURE without the need for developers
- Pastries on arrival
- Hot & cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
About the trainer
AAron Young - Principle Consultant
Aaron has a BSc in Psychology and an MSc in Human Centred Computer Systems and is Head of Usability at Bunnyfoot. After several years working in severe mental health services, Aaron went back to university to study the relationship between human cognition and digital interfaces. After discovering that malfunctioning interfaces can be as difficult to change as human cognition, he avowed to remedy the situation by ensuring things are usable BEFORE delivery to the end user.
He has been with Bunnyfoot for 7 years and is a highly experienced, and profoundly user-centred, interaction designer and usability consultant. He has hundreds of hours of user testing sessions for clients in (nearly) every conceivable domain including several companies within the Virgin group, The Judiciary, National and Local Government, Easyjet, BBC, ITV, Microsoft, The NHS and more…
He has vast experience in the development and design of websites and mobile apps from requirements gathering, early concept development, information architecture, wire-framing and rapid prototyping.
Aaron is Bunnyfoot's resident Axure Fu master.