Actions and Detail Panel
RCM Mental Health Awareness Course
Tue 28 February 2017, 10:00 – 16:30 GMT
The Royal College of Midwives are delighted to offer you the chance to attend a Mental Health Awareness course.
This course aims to raise awareness of mental health and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms and support options for a range of common and less common mental health problems.
This course will run over 1 day and will include;
- What we mean by mental health and mental distress
- Different models of mental health
- How race, culture and gender impact on mental health
- Common versus serious mental health conditions – neurosis or psychosis
- The common mental health conditions, signs, symptoms, causes, treatment and support – anxiety, depression, OCD and phobias
- The less common mental health conditions, signs, symptoms, causes, treatment and support – bipolar disorder, postpartum psychosis and schizophrenia
The course will take place at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital on:
Tuesday 28th February 2017 10am – 4.30pm