San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
School-based Reading Projects Application Launch and Sharing of Effective Practice
26th April 2017 - 9am – 3:30pm @ King Power Stadium
The conference is an opportunity for colleagues to:
- Gain further insight as to the purpose and structure of the School-based Reading Project process
- Take part in effective Leadership of Reading training
- Outline future CPD needs
- Receive school-level Pupil Reading Survey data
- Share effective practice and gain ideas for new projects and strategies
Sharing effective practice and lessons learnt is a one of the core threads of the Leicester approach and an ethos that has gone from strength to strength over the last 9 years. Therefore, we are dedicating the afternoon of the April conference to sharing practice and providing colleagues with the unique opportunity to find out more information around a number of effective projects and strategies undertaken by other schools, ask questions and develop support networks.
Reading Champion’s are being requested to support the process in two ways;
- Share effective practice at the April Conference by means of either a presentation workshop or stand within a marketplace (see details below)
- Complete an outline of at least one effective reading project led in your school that can shared city-wide as a resource to support the school-based reading project application process
We appreciate not all colleagues would choose to present to colleagues in the more formal presentation style, therefore we are encouraging a marketplace of ‘what works’ where schools can discuss informally the work taking place back at schools.
Workshop Presentations - 15 minute presentation outlining:
- Why you chose a particular project/approach
- How project was implemented
- How and why project has been effective
- The challenges/barriers
Marketplace – a trestle table, manned by colleagues displaying:
- Visual presentation of the effective projects
- Examples of resources
- Pupil feedback.
Please contact Kate.Drurey@sdsa.net for further information.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.
When & Where
Whatever It Takes
Whatever it Takes (WiT) is the Leicester city-wide reading initiative dedicated to ensuring every child in Leicester is reading.
WiT has been well established since 2009 and was formed in partnership between Leicester City Schools, Leicester City Council and is Managed by the School Development Support Agency.
For more information about Whatever it Takes visit www.whatever-it-takes.org.uk