Actions and Detail Panel
Ready to Export Workshop - Bournemouth
Wed 16 November 2016, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
There are a number of important elements to understand when it comes to exporting for the first time and it is vital to take sufficient time before trading internationally to fully prepare for the risks and opportunities.
During this interactive one day export workshop, expert facilitators will take you through the most important export topics in a series of separate sessions enabling you to:
- hear export success stories and understand what it takes to win new business overseas
- build confidence and the capability to export
- clarify and set realistic export goals
- develop an understanding of the key areas for business and personal development within international trade
- critically reflect on and examine your export readiness and identify any weaknesses that need to be addressed
- learn about the Export For Growth key services and how they can help you with your export plans
- begin to create a solid 6-12 month action plan for export growth
The action plan that you create during this one day course will potentially form the basis for follow up support from the Department for International Trade with an International Trade Adviser.
“I found this support comprehensive, thought provoking and helpful – especially as a novice exporter. What was great to realise was that any size company can export, you don’t need lots of resources.”
Matt Busby, The Name Label Company.
Who is this event for?
We invite local businesses who are new to exporting to this workshop. To be eligible for this workshop and any subsequent support from the Export for Growth project, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Have a registered business address located in the South West of England
- Be an SME (small or medium sized enterprise)
Your business also cannot be:
- Trading in the following sectors: fisheries and agriculture, coal and steel, manufacture of synthetic fibres, shipbuilding, energy generation, transport, banking, insurance or distribution
- An owner of 25% or more in another company, or another company owns 25% or more of this business
Regrettably, we are unable to accept intermediaries or service providers.