Real Estate Sustainable Developer
Profitable energy efficient buildings in the context of new technology, economics, regulations and changing environmental trends.
- Understand Sustainable Real Estate Economics
- Learn about many different existing technologies that enable you to reprofit and develop energy efficient buildings
- Demand/supply response to changes in the market place
- Regulations both now and in the future that will force you to change the way you do business
- How to strike first and capitalise on the potential of future technologies
- Know how to source cost effective and quality suppliers, and how to financially evaluate alternative build projects
- What might the future hold?
Real Estate professionals at any level working in real estate development – commercial and residential – who would like to integrate and profit from sustainable measures in their projects
Junior, Mid-level to Senior Real Estate development professionals who would like to build their own development models incorporating sustainability measures
Any Real Estate professional who want to understand the fundamentals of sustainability and how these impact asset valuations
Day 1 (of 2)
Learn why sustainability matters and how to create a sustainable build project through the design materials and value chain management?
- Introduction to sustainability concepts, regulations, consumer trends and technologies
- Design, construction, retrofit, refurbishment, materials assessment and renewable energy
- Value chain management, including material sourcing, development and commissioning
Learn how to evaluate the demand for sustainable real estate development from an economic, global and social perspective. Sustainability definitions are discussed alongside tensions between investors, government, developers, tenants, asset managers and consumers.
Delegates are shown how to assess development projects using innovative tools and techniques and also how to choose between different location, design and materials and how this has been done in real life through leading case studies.
You will also learn about strategic planning for value chain management, including material sourcing, construction, labour input and commissioning.
After day one all delegates will be able to address the main challenges in sustainable development and how to incorporate sustainability practices into development.
Day 2(of 2)
Learn how to assess the viability and profit of a sustainable built project using detailed cash flow modelling techniques
- Energy savings plan, verification and calculation - including energy economics
- Sustainable real estate investment and financing options
- Trends in sustainability in the built environment and how to profit from them
Learn how to implement sustainability metrics, with reference to measurement and verification (MV) protocols and embodied carbon metrics. Delegates are also shown the investors’ perspective on financial and environmental metrics for buildings and latest developments in methodologies.
Opportunities for institutional investors are identified as well as strategies for responsible real estate development and investments. The implications of additional financing options, new technology and regulations are also assessed using latest financial modelling techniques.
A full cash flow model illustrates the impact on investment of optimising carbon footprint, asset allocation, capital costs and tax allowances.
Leading sustainability researchers will present trends in renewable energy, architecture and regulations and how these will impact the property markets in the future.
After day two all delegates will be able to make and inform decisions in relation to sustainable property development with a full understanding of its risks and rewards.
When & Where
Bayfield Training Ltd
Leaders in Real Estate Executive Education, Est. 1998.
We can provide all of our courses not only publically, but In-House and 121 as well. Prices may vary.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations - The course fee is non-refundable. 100% of the course fee is due if cancelled within 10 working days prior to the start of the course.