Actions and Detail Panel
Realising your PR Potential
Tue 11 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Often a misunderstood and massively untapped resource, PR is an inexpensive way to get your business into the media and perceived in a positive light.This interactive session will help you understand the potential of PR and learn techniques for raising awareness of both you and your business.
Is it for you?
With no prior knowledge necessary, the course is suitable for start-ups and SMEs, yet also offers insights and best practice for marketing managers in larger organisations who may not be utilising PR to its full potential. Bring a laptop or tablet if you can as we plan to get hands-on.
What to expect
The workshop will cover:
- Defining PR – what makes it different from other forms of marketing
- Distribution – the right desk at the right time
- Opportunities – features, articles, news releases, case studies, events, expert status, charities, listings, journalist alerts, reviews, awards and blogs
- Content is king – headlines, images and the rest
- News releases – getting the recipe right
- Round the table – brainstorming ideas for each business
- Delegates to write/outline their own release
- Will it pass muster? – reading / discussing thereleases drafted
- Joining up the dots – a strategic calendar-led campaign
In a mix of tutored learning and brainstorming with other course participants, you will come away from this workshop with an understanding of the opportunities you can create or maximise to get more of the limelight. You will understand the key difference between PR and other forms of marketing, how to compile a news release, what to send and who to send it to.
Jane has been providing PR and marketing consultancy for SMEs in the Yorkshire region since 2000 and was shortlisted in the Forward Ladies national Women in Business Awards 2015. She is an elected Executive Group Member of theYorkshire Dales LEADER Programme representing small businesses, an active member of several business network groups and a coach at Business Inspired Growth pop-up café events.
Book your places now for our 2017 training workshops.
This course will be held at Airedale Enterprise Services. The Course will run from 10am – 4pm with Lunch & Refreshments included.
Date: Tuesday 11th April
Cost: £75 plus VAT
Book on to 3 courses (costing £75) and receive a £25 discount!
If you are a member of the AWWESOME Business Club then you will be entitled to 10% discount on any of our courses. Call us for more details.