Recall day: Competency Framework 'Strengthening Practice - Supporting Safer Organisations' 12.11.2016
Saturday, 12 November 2016 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
Who should attend this training?
- Organisational leads including childminders who have previously attended the Safeguarding Learning Strategy Briefing session.
- Childminders and stand alone practitioners (private tutors / coaches etc) who work independently and not within an organisation, who have attended the 1 day briefing session.
If you have not attended one of these sessions please do so before booking onto this recall day http://www.lcitylscb.org/information-for-practitioners/training/
The session will recap on key points of the strategy, with a focus on delegates considering the Group 8 competencies around organisational governance, which underpins the learning for the day. http://lrsb.org.uk/framework-group-8
the session will deliver learning under the theme of 'Strengthening Practice - Strengthening Organisations' that will support organisational practice and share learning that can be used in your own organisations.
The session will allow time for networking with other organisations and opportunity to meet with Early Years Leads from Leicestershire & Rutland.
The session was developed for Early Years sector; however we have opened the session up all sectors to share learning. Therefore some of the practice examples may focus on early years; however learning around safe working practices will support all sectors.
The session will include
- Opportunity to self-assess competency for your organisation
- Consideration of learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Disguised compliance & resistance.
- How can we support and strengthen practice in organisations - (Role of the LADO (Local Area Designated Officer - managing allegations against professionals),
- Network and share ideas and information / Meet with Early Years Leads Representatives
- Opportunity to ask questions, seek advice and network.